Anastasia’s Best-Ever Baked Beans
Today I am sharing my family’s go-to baked beans recipe that has been in the menage for decades – Anastasia’s Best-Ever Burnt Beans! These are a must-have at kinsfolk barbecues! Elongate to get, so worthlessness good.
- 5 cans of pork and beans (15 ounce cans – VanCamps’s Pork and Beans or similar)
- 2 medium or 1 large onion, chopped (yellow or sweet onion, not vidalia)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter (for sauteing onions)
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup brown sugar (use less for less sweetness)
- 6 to 8 slices uncooked bacon, each cut in half or thirds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees f. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Saute onionsover medium to medium-high heat in butter until onions are tender and translucent.
- Mix beans, sauteed onions, ketchup, mustard, molasses and brown sugar until blended well. Pour in prepared baking dish. Top with uncooked bacon in single layer (see photo above). Bake on middle rack of oven uncovered for 2-3 hours. Beans are ready when the top is dark and caramelized. Serve warm. Enjoy!
TIP – Neaten in Gradual Cooker
These can also be thrown together and braised in the decelerate cooker set on low for 6 to 8 hours as advisable. It won’t get that metropolis caramelize top, but it faculty solace be pleasing if you’re in a irritate for experience. Be careful to cooked the onions first.
BEANS FROM Handwriting – If you requirement to straighten hardened beans from handwriting, subject here for a majuscule recipe – Boston Baked Beans – “A wonderful old-fashioned parched dome savour. This recipe has served by kindred for 29 years and originally came from my mother-in-law. It tastes majuscule served with reinvigorated cornbread or biscuits and honey. Though you necessity to forecast instant for dripping and simmering the beans, this instruction is works quite wanton.”