Asiago Broccoli Cheese Soup
Superhuman alteration of a creation broccoli cheeseflower soup. This comforting, homespun soup is prefab with two tasteful cheeses, lancinating albescent cheddar mallow and Asiago mallow.
Ahhh…this is vindicatory what the mountebank successive, a big bowl of toothsome crucifer mallow soup that’s exploding with tang from Asiago cheeseflower, carnassial writer cheddar cheeseflower, and homemade cheesy croutons. I’ve been craving this soup for so elongate. Too longitudinal. I had a real unhappy receive with a Asiago Crucifer Cheeseflower Soup and I could not pause until I tasted just what I predicted.
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil for cooking
- 1 small Vidalia onion
- 1 large carrot
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz sharp white cheddar cheese block not shredded
- 4 oz Asiago cheese + little more for each serving bowl (block not shredded)
- 3 garlic cloves
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 lb broccoli florets
- Italian bread or French baguette
- Olive oil
- Asiago cheese
- Steam broccoli until soft. Mince it and set aside. (You can steam it in a microwave, in a steamer bag.)
- In a medium pot, heat up oil over medium heat. Add diced onion and shredded carrot. Saute until onion is transparent.
- Sprinkle flour and mix until veggies are coated with flour.
- Slowly pour in vegetable broth while constantly stirring. Add heavy cream and stir.
- Let soup heat through (still on medium heat.) Once it starts to boil, start adding cheeses.
- Grate cheddar and Asiago cheeses into the pot. Stir slowly until cheeses are all melted. (I recommend using block cheese and grate it in yourself because it will melt much better. Pre-shredded cheese is coated in cornstarch while packaged.)
- Add pressed garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in broccoli. Lower the heat to medium low, cover and cook for about 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Croutons: (I didn’t put measurements for a reason, because you can make as few or an many as you want and it just requires a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of salt and cheese.) Preheat oven to 325. Cut bread into 1/2 inch cubes and place them in a mixing bowl. Drizzle some olive oil. add some salt and grated Asiago cheese. Mix well until all bread cubes are evenly coated. Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, until crunchy and golden.
- Top each bowl of soup with some grated Asiago cheese and croutons.