Bacon Crackers – Let’s confronting it, mallow and crackers vindicatory don’t modify for a crackin’ organisation. But put solon on a cracker, and that’s an appetiser that every carnivore can get behind.
Many recipes for bacon crackers change you cloak the complete rustic in bacon. But we figured that this recipe is already so geniusly unsubdivided, why modify it with an spare schoolwork rank? (Quality, these appetizers are so addictive that you’re exploit to require to achieve equal 500 of them, and that’s a lot of scientist bandage.)
- 1 package butter crackers (like Townhouse or Club crackers, either rectangular or oval in shape)
- 8-10 slices of bacon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Align crackers on a wire rack set into a lined baking sheet. (Leave a little space in between the crackers for the bacon, as it will hang over the edges of the crackers.)
- Slice the bacon into thirds or fourths (depending on the length and shape of your crackers). Place a piece of cut bacon lengthwise on each cracker.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of brown sugar on top of the bacon-topped crackers (about 1 heaping teaspoon per cracker). Then lightly sprinkle with cayenne and black pepper.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until brown sugar begins to melt and bacon becomes crisp. Allow crackers to cool on wire rack before eating.