Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin stuffed with apples, onions, and herbs! Puff enough for a party band, but uncomplicated to pee. Fit in low 60 minutes.
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Pork Tenderloin Recipes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium apple, peeled and cut into small dice (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 to 2 thick slices bread (enough to make 1/2 cup coarse breadcrumbs)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 to 1 1/4 pounds)
- 8 to 10 strips of bacon (about 12 ounces), cut in half
- Heat the oven to 450F. Have on hand a rimmed baking sheet.
- Make the stuffing: In a skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the apple, onion, rosemary, and thyme, and cook for 7 to 9 minutes, or until softened. Meanwhile, pulse the bread slices in a food processor until you make coarse crumbs. You should have about 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Remove the pan with the onions and apples from the heat, and stir in the breadcrumbs, mustard, salt, and pepper. Set aside to cool briefly.
- 3 Butterfly the tenderloin: Cut a deep lengthwise slit down the center of the tenderloin, stopping about 1/2-inch from the bottom of the roast. Open it up like a book. Cover with a piece of plastic wrap, and with a mallet or rolling pin, gently pound it until it is of an even thickness.
- Stuff the tenderloin: Spread the stuffing in a line along the center of the meat. Bring the edges of the meat together to return it to its original shape. Secure with toothpicks.
- Wrap the bacon slices around the meat: Lay out the bacon slices on a cutting board, overlapping them slightly.
- Place the tenderloin on top with the toothpicks facing up. Removing the toothpicks as you work, wrap the bacon slices around the pork to form a log. Place the tenderloin, bacon seam side down, on the baking sheet.
- Roast the tenderloin: Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the meat registers 145F to 150F and the bacon is brown and crisp. If the roast is ready before the bacon browns, place the tenderloin under the broiler for 3 to 5 minutes to brown the bacon.
- Let the tenderloin rest for 10 minutes before cutting into slices. Serve with the pan juices spooned over top if desired.
Read Other Recipe : How to Make Classic Chinese Chow Mein
That all information about bacon wrapped stuffed pork tenderloin recipes that very simple and easy to made at home. Cheers and try by your self.