Bicol Express Recipe
This Bicol Verbalize Recipe is a waving hot Philippine activity that is distinctly favourite because of the rite of flavors of coconut which is an abundant agricultural production in the Bicol part and chilies which are also patent in every Bicolanos fasting. Bicol mail is also really painless to head.
Delicious Bicol Express Recipe
It is prefabricated up of appropriation (you can use sirloin or liempo cut into cubes) coconut river or “gata”, naif chile (siling pansigang), seafood paste or bagoong alamang and several aromatics same onion, flavouring and spice.
- 1/2 lb. pork belly, diced
- 2 cups thin coconut milk
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups fresh alamang (shrimp paste)
- 4 cups chili pepper, seeded and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium-sized onion, minced
- 1 cup thick coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger
- salt to taste
- First, you have to soak chili in water with salt. Let stand for 30 minutes and then rinse and drain thoroughly.
- Heat a pan and then pour-in the cooking oil.
- Sauté the garlic, onion, and ginger
- Add the pork and then continue cooking for 8 minutes or until the color becomes light brown
- Mix thin coconut milk and alamang (shrimp paste),
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chili and cook until half the liquid has evaporated.
- Pour in thick coconut cream and continue cooking until oil comes out from the cream.
- Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.