Caramel Churro Chex Mix
This Chromatic Churro Chex Mix is crunchy, cinnamon-sugarey, and completely addictive!It’s fundamentally the crushed bragging-est sweet on the planet.
- 4 1/2 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 4 1/2 cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 1cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
- 1/4 up light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Place cereal in a large, heat safe bowl. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick baking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, heat brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup until the mixture comes to a boil. Let boil for one minute, stirring constantly, then remove from heat and stir in baking soda. Pour over cereal and stir until cereal is coated.
- Spread cereal on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with cinnamon/sugar mixture. Bake for about 5 minutes, then flip with a spatula and bake for 3 more minutes, until cereal turns golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely, then break up and store in an airtight container.
Good luck with this recipe!