Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks – Keto And Gluten Free
Using the unvarying content as pizza impudence, it’s effortless to puddle a low carb cheesy cauliflower breadsticks instruction instead. Just pass out the dish sauce!
I’m ever astounded by all the fantastic things you can do with cauliflower. It’s a commodity foodstuff on low carb and goes way beyond a spud match.
When I got started on this way of account, I observed that crucifer can excrete a tremendous dish incrustation. As the geezerhood went on, I also experimented with using it in chocolate course and pie cheekiness.
I’ve also seen others stalker this versatile veggie into pumpkin pie because it’s a terrific material medicament. Because of this construct, it’s oftentimes utilized to alter soups as well.
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower riced (about 3.75 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey jack cheese freshly grated (about 6 ounces)
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- ground black pepper to taste
- fresh parsley minced (for garnishing)
- Remove the base or leaves and cut cauliflower into florets. Rice cauliflower by using a food processor. Cook for about 8 to 10 minutes, you can use a microwave or a toaster oven. Allow to cool.
- Pre-heat oven at 450F.
- Once riced cauliflower has cooled, place in a kitchen towel and strain the liquid. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Season cauliflower with sage, oregano, thyme and mustard seed. Mix well.
- Season egg with ground black pepper. Pour beaten egg, 3 tablespoon cheese and combine with seasoned cauliflower. Allow for eggs to set at the buttom of the bowl and spoon the excess eggs out.
- In a greased baking sheet, spread cauliflower until about 1/4 inch thick, rectagular shape.
- For the heart-shaped Cauliflower “Bread” Sticks, use a heart-shaped cookie cutter. 1/2 cup of cauliflower mixture makes about 9 heart-shaped in different sizes. Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes. Top with 1/2 cup cheese and bake in the oven for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
- For the remaining 1 cup of cauliflower mixture formed into a rectagular shape, bake for about 10 to 15 minutes. Top with the remaining cheese and bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden in color.
- Cool for about 2 to 3 minutes and slice with a pizza cutter.
- Garnish with freshly minced parsley. Serve with marinara sauce or with a Creamy Cheese Sauce (see note).
- Recipe Notes
- Recipe makes about 9 hearts and 6 sticks.
- Adjust herbs as desired.
- Goes great served with a creamy cheese sauce