Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb. yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 oz. (10-oz.) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 tsp. (8-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 c. cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 c. shredded monterey jack, divided
- 2 c. shredded cheddar, divided
- 8 Kosher salt
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 8 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onion and peppers and cook until onions are soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cumin and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add enchilada sauce and crushed tomatoes and cook until warmed through, 5 minutes. Set 1/2 cup of this mixture aside for topping the enchiladas.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, 1 cup Monterey Jack, 1 cup cheddar, and cilantro. Add 1 cup of the enchilada sauce mixture and toss to combine, and season with salt. Add a small scoop of the chicken mixture in the center of 1 tortilla, then roll up and place in skillet seam side down. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Spread the set aside 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and melted. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
This food is suitable for dinner. Always try cooking!