Chicken Posole Verde Recipe
This Crybaby Posole Verde Instruction has shredded chicken and soft hominy in a disturbed flavourful verde stock. Much wonderful tang in the verde sauce, and you won’t expect how comfortable it is to achieve! (Thanks to Chiwere Maize for sponsoring this business! All opinions are my own.)
Roughly a month ago, I was lucky sufficiency to advert the period Corn Quest with Siouan Callosity and 9 additional bloggers. It was such an awesome trip! (Maybe you caught my Callosity Salsa Capitulation Call a few weeks ago talking all near it?) We scholarly so much virtually callus: how it’s grown, how it’s harvested and the galore several uses of callus, both in products and recipes.
- 1½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 poblano or pasilla peppers, seeded
- 2 jalapeños, seeded
- 1 lb. tomatillos
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. dried Mexican oregano
- 2 (25-oz) cans canned hominy, mostly drained
- Desired Toppings:
- tortilla chips, queso fresco, cabbage, radishes, cilantro, avocado or lime juice
- Pour chicken broth into a large soup pot and bring to a slow rolling boil. Add the chicken and cook for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove and shred.
- Meanwhile in a blender, combine peppers, jalapeños, tomatillos, cilantro, oregano and salt and pepper and blend until smooth. Add additional water or chicken broth if it’s too thick to blend.
- Spray a pan with cooking spray and add the green salsa from the blender. Simmer on medium heat until it becomes a deep green, for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the green salsa to the chicken broth and stir together. Stir in hominy to the soup and cook for 10 minutes.
- Now add the shredded chicken and simmer for an additional 10 minutes. Serve in bowls and add your favorite garnishes. Enjoy!