Chicken Pot Pie Casserole Recipes
Chicken pot pie casserole would be a perfect menu for any time. Dinner, lunch, or even breakfast will do great with this food. Other than that, pot pies are kind of a comforting menu during winter and fall months or cooler weather.
The thing that makes the steps quite easier is the crescent rolls for the crust that can be purchased at the grocery store. We highly recommend you to use lean boneless chicken breasts or you can purchase rotisserie chicken as well.
What is Casserole?
Some people might be wondering what a casserole dish is, especially if they are not coming from western countries. Casserole, on the other hand, is less popular in Asia countries but it is still a great food to eat during cooler weathers.
A casserole is an oven-baked meal that uses the oven as a magical wand. You just need to prepare the ingredients, make some simple stirred foods, put it on a disk, and let the oven does the magic.
The most interesting part of this dish is that you can turn it into dessert, side dish, and appetizer too. According to people, casserole requires three main parts to make it a perfect dish.
Three Main Parts of Casserole
The main ingredient of the dish is protein. It provides a strong base of the recipe. In this case, we use chicken breasts. You can use other forms of protein such as turkey, ground beef, pork, fish, or cheese.
The second part is components that help to thicken. It could be pasta, rice, and potatoes. You can suit it with your taste and preference for sure.
The third main part is the binder. The binder is something that will hold all ingredients together. It is commonly a cream soup, gravy, eggs, or sauce. You can also suit it with your preference.
One of the best things about this baked dish is that you can make it and then freeze it before cooking at a later date. This is why you can always make for friends because you can prepare it and your friend will cook it later.
Some casseroles need to be cooked before you freeze it especially if it contains a lot of liquid or creamy sauce. Also, make sure that the chicken or meats should be cooked in the first place.
Pot Pie Casserole
Hosting a family dinner would be amazing by including pot pie casserole in the menu. Some comfort foods like casserole will fill you up while being warm and cozy especially when the weather gets chilly.
In this recipe we will share to you, you will find the mixture of gravy sauce, potatoes, peas, and carrots will hit your mouth.
- One pound of lean chicken breast;
- 12 oz of frozen carrots and peas;
- 2 cups of frozen diced potatoes;
- 2 cans of chicken condensed cream soup;
- One cup of water;
- 2 cans of refrigerated crescent rolls;
- ½ teaspoon of poultry seasoning;
- Salt and pepper for taste.
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- The chicken breast needs to be grilled until it cooked and cool it down.
- Grilled diced onions until it looks transparent and put aside.
- Cut the cooked chicken into ½ inch of cubes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 before starting the baking process. Grease a baking dish that fits your oven or we recommend an 11×13 inches baking dish.
- Unroll one can of crescent rolls and pinch holes to seal them into a sheet
- Press it into up and bottom sides of the disk you have prepared. If it does not go all the way up, you should let it go considering this is a common thing.
- Once the whole thing is done, you can bake it for 20 minutes or until the crust appears light brown. After that, let it cool down for a while.
- Put a large skillet and combine diced onions, chicken cubes, peas, carrots, potatoes, and water.
- Stir them all with medium heat until it turns warm. It commonly takes around 10 minutes or less.
- Add poultry seasoning and soup then stir it for the next 5 minutes or so. If the sauce appears too thick, you can add the water intake slowly until the consistency fits your expectation.
- Put the mixture right over the baked crust and make sure you spread it evenly.
- Unroll another can of crescent rolls and pinch holes to seal them into a sheet.
- Put it over the chicken mixture and press it into the dish sides. Bake the whole thing for 25 minutes or until the top part turns golden brown.
Please Read Others Recipes : Instan Pot Crack Chicken Recipe
This is how you make tasty chicken pot pie casserole for your family. Enjoying it while it is still warm is highly recommended. Also, you can always add chili and other spices that will satisfy your taste.