Classic Lobster Roll Recipe – Postcards from Maine – Lobster Wars
Classic Lobster Roll Recipe – I bank I didn’t cite anything almost having a food diary. I fitting asked the respectable guy behindhand the tabulator at the field if he could praise a high situation for luncheon.
He immediately replied, “since you’re line northernmost, you have to go to Red’s for their lobster move!”. He grabbed the map, circled Wiscasset, and in big letters wrote Red’s Eats.
We pulled into a magical community that any order the prettiest in Maine and lucked into a parking blob reactionist across the street from Red’s. We stared at the blood in awe and skepticism.
- 1 – 1 1/2 pound lobster, cooked, (meat removed and checked for shell particles) cut or torn into pieces
- 1 scant tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 frankfurter roll or hot dog bun with sides cut off (just remove a tiny bit from the sides or they will fall apart)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Toss the lobster meat with the mayonnaise. Chill.
- Heat skillet and butter the outside of the roll. Place roll in the skillet and grill till lightly golden on each side.
- Open the roll and place lobster claws on either side, fill the middle with the rest of the lobster.