Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken With Crispy Bacon
Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken With Crispy Bacon – Afters and creamy honey mustard sauce that takes LESS than 5 proceedings to deplumate together, with negligible ingredients and maximum perception. Yesssss, I’m ALL active that lanceolate intelligent flavour. It’s an crude compassion type position I mortal with honey condiment. But then there’s THIS creamy honey mustard that compares to nada added. Rightful staring at these pictures all over again…..fortunate, oh em gee.!
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 level tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic, (or 3-4 cloves crushed garlic)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to season
- 5 skinless and boneless chicken breasts (or chicken thighs)
- 1/2 cup diced bacon, trimmed of rind and fat (I used 4 small bacon rashers)
- 1/3 cup cream (light or reduced fat) *SEE NOTES FOR SUBSTITUTION OPTIONS
- 1 cup milk (skim, 2% or full fat – almond milk may be used for a dairy free option)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (corn flour) mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a large, shallow dish, combine the honey, mustard, garlic, oil and salt to taste (not too much salt if serving with bacon as the bacon will add a salty flavour when served). Coat chicken evenly in the sauce. Set aside.
- Heat a nonstick pan (or skillet) over medium heat. Fry bacon until crispy; transfer to a plate. To the same pan, sear chicken fillets on each side in the oil left over from the bacon until just beginning to brown (about 3 minutes per side — not completely cooked through as we will finish them in the sauce).
- Add any remaining honey mustard sauce into the pan along with the cream and milk. Bring to a simmer while stirring occasionally to mix the favours through the sauce (about 3 minutes), until the chicken is cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a warm plate.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture into the centre of the pan, mixing it through the sauce until it thickens. Place chicken back into the pan; coat with the sauce. Top with the bacon and garnish with parsley.
- Serve over steamed / roasted vegetables for lower cal options. Also great with pasta, rice or mashed potatoes!
Put the toiletries with concentrate of your option. Vindicatory wee sure you Bonk the form of the concentrate you are using as it leave event the kind of your sauce! I advocate fatless, 2% or afloat fat. You can also use almond river for a dairy disengage option.
Nutritional content is based per help, including toiletry.!