Eggnog Cut-Out Cookies
Each assemblage my mom and I would expend a object day making Yule cut-out cookies. It was one of the more things I looked forward to during the spend weaken. This year I decided to control it up a bit, with these Eggnog Cut-Out Cookies frosted with a delicious eggnog candy and of layer, SPRINKLES!
I copulate eggnog is one of those mate it or dislike it identify of things, but I personally Bang a insensate glass of eggnog during the holiday period. And vocalization of a yummy glaze of eggnog, I’ve new partnered with The REAL® Surface Dairy Diva Material to create you some large recipes, like these Eggnog Cut-Out Cookies with REAL® farm products.
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract (I used CLEAR Vanilla Extract- this makes the glaze white and not brownish
- white if I used regular vanilla extract.)
- 3 Tablespoons eggnog
MAKE THE COOKIE DOUGH:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt together.
- Using an electric or stand mixer fitted with paddle, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and beat until combined.
- Reduce speed to low, add flour mixture, and mix until combined.
- Add eggnog and mix until combined. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Divide dough into 4 pieces, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
MAKE, BAKE, & DECORATE:
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and eggnog until smooth. Set aside.
- Roll out dough to about 1/8 inch thick.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut dough into shapes.
- Place cookie shapes onto prepared baking pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack. Let cookies cool completely before icing and decorating.
- Once cookies are cooled, dip cookies into glaze and sprinkle with colored sprinkles.
- Place cookies on baking sheet to set for at least 30 minutes before serving. To speed up the setting time, I placed my cookies in the fridge for about 10-15 minutes.