Homemade Honey Corn Dogs
These homespun honey maize dogs are perfect as snack or appetizer and are prepared to go in righteous 45 transactions! You’ll never go rear to the freezer merciful.
Today I’m sharing something a little polar! It’s a kid-friendly direction, one that my blood utterly loves! These homespun honey callosity dogs are super simplified to micturate and taste 100x exceed than the ones you buy at the store!
- ¾ c. yellow cornmeal
- ¾ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp. honey
- ¾ c. buttermilk*
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 12 hot dogs
- 12 wooden skewers, candy sticks or thin popsicle sticks
- 2 quarts vegetable oil, for frying
- In a large pot or Dutch-oven, heat the 2 quarts of oil to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Add the egg, honey, buttermilk and vegetable oil, stir until combined. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pat the hot dogs dry and insert a skewer into each hot dog. Pour the batter into a tall drinking glass and dip one dog at a time into the batter, then place into the hot oil to fry (I like to make sure that the batter is coating a bit of the skewer/stick so that the coating stays on).
- I let my corn dog sink to the bottom and then turned it with tongs to ensure that wit was browning evenly on all sides. Cook for about 2-3 minutes (you want to make sure they’re fully cooked inside), then transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Repeat with remaining hot dogs (you may have to tilt the glass a bit to get the last few ones fully dipped).
-If the deform is too gelatinous, honourable add a splatter or two of added buttermilk.
-You can easily multiple this direction!
-These corn dogs immobilize real advantageously. Retributory eliminate sure to let the chill completely before placing them in a ziplock bag. To reheat, heat at 400 degrees for around 15 proceedings.