Instant Pot Ham
This is the most awesome Fast Pot ham finished in virtuous 20 transactions! If you necessary an relaxed honey ham recipe you’ve gotta’ try it in your pushing cooker.
I’m position with an gain to our extended move of relaxed Fast Pot recipes! If it’s around Wind or Season you strength be superficial for an smooth Present Pot ham recipe but let me verify you that you shouldn’t wait for the holidays to excrete this!!
A few period ago after Christmastide they had smoked hams clearanced out at the foodstuff accumulation and I couldn’t juncture up a $5 piece of awesome meat so I bought one…ever since then I’ve prefab ham throughout the period.
- 1 quarter ham precooked/smoked, quartered ham
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c pineapple juice
- 1/3 c pineapple tidbits
- 4 cloves or pinch of ground cloves
- 1.5 c water
- 3 tbsp brown sugar heaping tbsp
- 2-3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp honey optiona
- Put trivet and water into Instant Pot.
- Slice your quartered ham if it isn’t sliced already and put it in a large piece of foil.
- Fold foil up so just the very top is open.
- Pour pineapple juice over ham and sprinkle cloves or push whole cloves into ham.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over top of ham and into slices.
- Sprinkle pineapple tidbits on top of ham. Drizzle honey on top if you want to add this as well (not totally necessary, sweet without)
- Put a small piece of foil over the very top.
- Lower ham into pressure cooker on to your trivet (make a sling to put on bottom to lift it back out if your trivet doesn’t have handles).
- Set to high pressure for 10 minutes. Do a natural release for 10 minutes when done.
- Release rest of pressure, lift out and rest for 5 minutes.
- Take trivet out and with the juices in the bottom of the pot (or if all your juices stayed in the foil then pour all liquid from foil into your Instant Pot) set pot to saute.
- Add your 3 heaping tbsp of brown sugar and allow to start bubbling.
- Very slowly add your cornstarch 1/2 tbsp at a time whisking quickly so no clumps arise.
- Add 1/2 tbsp at a time whisking constantly until your ham glaze is thick enough for you. (2.5 tbsp is perfect for us, will thicken as it bubbles too).
- Finish slicing ham pieces all the way through, pour glaze over the top and serve!