Instant Pot Sweet and Spicy Chicken
- 2 pounds (1kg) skinless, boneless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup of your favorite chili sauce (we used Sriracha)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup of honey or brown sugar, packed light
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Chopped scallion, for garnish
1. In a medium mixing bowl combine chicken broth, honey, minced garlic, chili sauce, Ginger, cayenne, and crushed chili flakes; mix until well combined and set aside.
2. Heat the Instant Pot in sauté mode and add butter. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper; arrange in the instant pot and brown for about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
3. Add the prepared honey garlic sauce to the pot; cover and lock the lid. Cook in poultry mode for 20 minutes.
4. When done, turn off the pot and allow it to release the pressure, about 2 minutes.
5. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and shred the meat using 2 forks — This step is optional, keep the chicken thighs whole if you prefer. Transfer to serving plate, spoon the cooking juice over and garnish with green onions. Serve over rice, pasta or sandwiches, tacos and wraps. Enjoy!