Jamaican Jerk Cauliflower
I burnt the cauliflower florets using a tenuous change one of my favourite Cauliflower Nuggets direction, you are also emancipated to saute your florets instead. Patch the florets were hot, I made the sauce using a content processor. I then boiled the sauce for 5 minutes then suppressed the baked nuggets in the sauce. At this fix, I served mine but you can put it hindermost in the oven for other 5-10 minutes.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk, (I use almond milk) or vegan mayo
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour, or other gluten-free flour
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Jerk Sauce
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 6 allpice berries
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 Scotch Bonnet, or habanero pepperseeds removed and discarded (optional)
- 1/4 cup Bragg’s liquid aminos, Tamari soy sauce (gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup raw cane sugar, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 lime, juiced
- spring onions, for garnish
- Preheat oven 400 degrees. Lightly grease and line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Combine batter ingredients in a bowl and whisk to form a loose batter, may need to add some water.
- Dip florets into batter one by one and place onto the baking sheet. Spray or brush with oil. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown and crispy, turning halfway.
- While cauliflower is baking, prepare the sauce.
- Place all the ingredients for the sauce in a high speed blender or food processor. Process until smooth.
- Pour sauce into a medium saucepan on medium heat. Cook stirring constantly until sauce thickens, about 3-5 minutes.
- Toss cauliflower florets with sauce.Delicious served with rice and peas!