Coffee Cookies and Toiletries flavoured pancakes are stacked with layers of withdraw to resemble Biscuit cookies. These Oreo Pancakes are a fun breakfast or brunch interact.
I toned hair the sweetness for my homemade variation, stuff the layers with pure whipped toiletries mixed with few crushed Oreos rather than a cream frosting, which I grow a lowercase too course for breakfast. I also prefabricated certain the pancakes weren’t too sweetness, so that I could rain them with chocolate sweetening.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 6 oreos finely crushed (I pulsed mine in a food processor)
FOR THE CREAM
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 oreos finely crushed
- chocolate syrup for drizzling
- In a large bowl, add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Whisk together. Add in egg, buttermilk and butter. Whisk a few times until batter comes together, but a few lumps still remain. You don’t want to overmix pancake batter. Gently stir in crushed Oreos. Let batter sit a few minutes to thicken.
- Grease your skillet and bring to medium heat. Measure out 1/4 cup of batter. Pour batter into middle of skillet, using a spatula to help scrape out batter from measuring cup as it will be quite thick. Cook pancake until bubbles begin to break the surface, then flip to other side and cook until pancake is done. Repeat with remaining batter. You should have enough batter for about 10 pancakes.
- To make cream, pour heavy cream and sugar into a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on high speed with a wire whisk until cream becomes stiff peaks. Using a 1M star tip, pipe cream on top of one of the pancakes. I piped a thick outer circle and then less in the middle as I didn’t want the pancakes to be overwhelmed with cream. Sprinkle some crushed Oreos over cream (you can also mix the Oreos into your cream but I want to keep the cream white to look more like Oreo cookies). Gently place a pancake on top. Repeat with cream, crushed Oreos and pancakes. I made two stacks of five. Serve immediately with chocolate syrup.
I toned consume the quality for these pancakes. If you requisite your pancakes to discrimination many dessert-like you can add much sweetener and low Oreos into the batsman and if the ballplayer gets too wide, you can add a immature bit of concentrate to skinny it out.