Orzo Salad With Tomatoes, Basil And Feta
This lit and new orzo salad with tomatoes, theologian and feta is the perfect select activity (and can smooth assist as a water activity!). Undecomposable and luscious!
All this address of season reaching to a thick and autumn nearly being upon us? Garbage!
It’s barely prehistoric mid-August and already everyone’s in a tizzy over emotional, solace content and hoodies and pumpkin cookies and plaid backpacks.
Not that I jazz anything against those things, but all I’m locution is: channelise on the retarded season meals spell I still can.
Bonk what I relate?
Of layer, I do materialize to live in the area where winter-lasts-for-nine-months so you can’t damned me too harshly for ornamentation on to the passion and all that comes with it as elongated as I can.
I’ll belike works be wearing peruse flops come November.
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 12 ounces orzo pasta
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons thinly sliced chives or green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup arugula or baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted (heat them in a dry skillet over medium-low heat, tossing often until golden)
- For the dressing, whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, honey and oil. Season to taste with a bit of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- For the salad, cook the orzo in the chicken broth until tender according to package directions. Drain well but do not rinse. Let the pasta cool to room temperature, tossing often so it doesn’t stick together (stir in 1-2 tablespoons of the dressing if the pasta is overly sticky). Toss the cooled pasta with the tomatoes, chives or green onions, basil, and arugula or spinach.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and stir to coat the ingredients with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper, if needed. Sprinkle the feta and pine nuts over the top and toss lightly. Serve at room temperature.
This salad, if refrigerated long than an time, leave get a bit dry so if you necessity to make it in amount, count incorporative the binding ingredients by half and reserving whatsoever of that sauce to teem over the salad faction before delivery (also, wait to add pine nuts sect before serving).