Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
Cooked vegetables (similar these Brussels sprouts and dainty potatoes) are majestic in nearly every way; it’s a fact. But they ask up valuable oven grapheme on holidays. Get them before of term and reheat! Forbid on example and emphasise.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1 large sweet potato (1 pound)
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 or 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- fresh thyme, to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim your Brussels by cutting off the little brown end. If there are any yellow leaves, pull them off. Cut any large ones in half. Add to a large bowl.
- Peel your sweet potato and chop into 1-2 inch pieces. Add to the large bowl.
- Smash 2 cloves of garlic and add it to the bowl.
- Pour 1/3 cup olive oil over the vegetables.
- Add cumin, garlic salt, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir to coat.
- (Line a large sheet pan with foil if you want super easy cleanup)
- Drizzle a little olive oil onto the sheet pan and rub it all over the pan (or foil) with your hand. Or you could spray it really well with nonstick spray.
- Pour the veggies onto the pan.
- Roast at 400 for about 40-45 minutes. The veggies are done when they are brown and a fork slides into them easily.
- Place the veggies in a serving bowl and toss with 1-2 tablespoons red wine vinegar to taste. Garnish with fresh thyme if you want. Eat hot!
The flavourer is there to add taste, not needs to be consumed, though I do conceive it’s quite tasteful.
If you necessity to reheat these, demand them out of the oven and let unresponsive. (Throw adding the red wine condiment.) Fund in a tupperware in the icebox for up to 2 days. When you are ready to eat, undo the veggies on a greased pan and roast at 400 for about 5-10 transactions until you can probe them hot and they are hot. Take from the oven, add a soft red alcohol vinegar, and suffice!