Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas
Encrusted in an painless Homespun Jamberry Salsa Verde, these burnt Mexican Salsa Verde Wuss Enchiladas are enthusiastic for party and straighten tasteful leftovers that everyone instrument be titillated to eat. It’s one of my deary recipes and is also gluten remove!
Enchiladas are easily one of the most favourite Mexican dishes in my refuge. Granted, my sanctuary consists of only the fiancé and I (and Charlie the Cat), but that’s also the portion. Though there are umpteen variations involving the stuff, the mallow, the tortillas, the toppings and the spice/heat stratum, the one feeling that sets enchiladas obscure from your habitue old taco or burrito is that it’s overgrown, or in my frame, inhibited in a chilly pepper sauce.
For the chicken
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, (or pre-cooked shredded chicken)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- juice of 1/2 lime
For the enchiladas
- 1 batch Homemade Tomatillo Salsa Verde or 2 cans store-bought salsa verde
- 10 corn tortillas, soft flour tortillas can also be used
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- diced tomatoes, for topping (optional)
- chopped cilantro, for topping (optional)
- chopped green onions, for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice chicken breast or thighs into thin strips.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, olive oil, cumin, oregano, onion powder, sea salt and lime juice.
- Place seasoned chicken onto a large baking sheet and bake in oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Warm corn tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften them.
- In a 2-quart baking dish, begin to assemble the enchiladas. Spoon some of the baked chicken into a warm tortilla. Roll up like a taquito and place in baking dish, seam side down. Continue until all tortillas have been filled.
- Pour the salsa verde evenly on top of the enchiladas. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese starts to bubble.
- Serve diced tomatoes, cilantro and green onions.