Slow Cooker Cuban Pork
Slow boiled all day until the meat cuts equivalent butter, this Largo Cooker Country Appropriation is so scrumptious and perfect served over playwright, in tacos, or as sandwiches.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 7 cloves garlic , peeled and smashed
- 1 small sweet onion , sliced thin
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 pound Smithfield pork shoulder roast
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, orange juice, lime juice, salt, cumin, oregano, red pepper flakes, pepper, and garlic.
- Make slits in the pork with a paring knife and rub liberally all over with the oil mixture.
- Place pork in the slow cooker, along with the onion and bay leaf. Pour the remaining juices from the bowl over the pork
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Transfer pork to a cutting board and let cool slightly. Using two forks, shred into thick chunks.
- Serve with cilantro-lime rice and black beans; spoon some of the sauce over the top.