Slow Cooker Ham,Green Beans & Potatoes
You see those dinners that simmer for hours and piddle the livelong refuge smell awesome? The ones that venture fill to say “What are you cooking?!” the secondment they walking in the threshold? This gradual cooker ham, green beans and potatoes direction is one of those.
- 2 lbs ham hock
- 2-3 large russet potatoes peeled and chopped into two-inch pieces
- 16 oz green beans frozen or fresh
- 1 lb cubed ham steak optional
- Place the ham hocks into a crock pot and cover with water. Cook on high for approximately 5 hours, or until meat is super tender.
- Remove the meat from the crockpot with tongs, remove and discard any fat and bones, and return the meat to the broth.
- About 2-3 hours before you plan to eat, add the potatoes and green beans to the crockpot, adding more water if necessary.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
TWO DAY INSTRUCTIONS:
- On day one, cover ham hocks with water and cook on high for 5 or more hours. Remove ham hocks to a bowl. Allow broth to cool, and then refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, skim the fat from the top of the broth. Remove the meat from the ham hocks and add to the broth. Add broth, ham meat, diced potatoes and green beans to the broth and slow cook for 3 hours, or until vegetables are tender.
Cubed ham steak or additional ham can be added after the cooking process if your ham hocks are not very meaty.