Slow Cooker Pork- Sweet & Spicy Brown Sugar
Slow Cooker Pork- Sweet & Spicy Brown Sugar – Disclaimer- All recipes and/or projects on this website mortal been tried for our own organism use and/or use and are existence provided to our readers as an line for them to try. Use of our recipes for food, garment, oils, bars and additional similar items are at your own danger. We do not take orbit for any antagonistic personalty much as susceptible response, eruption, tegument irritation or otherwise occurrences. It is the reverend’s sphere to feature set labels and use at their own appreciation. We are not scrutiny professionals and do not supply scrutiny advice. Thank you.
- 1 3-4 lb pork shoulder
- 1 cup brown sugar light not packed
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Cayenne
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon Pepper
- Olive oil
- Your favorite BBQ sauce
- Pat the pork shoulder dry with paper towels.
- Drizzle with Olive oil, rub with a liberal amount of pork rub mixture.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, drizzle with Olive oil.
- Sear each side of the shoulder for 2-3 minutes or until the meat gets a light char.
- NOTE* you may have heard not to cook with sugar based rubs and sauces because they burn. If you make sure not to over heat this will not happen. Instead you will get a nice crusty outer!
- Place shoulder in slow cooker on high for 30 minutes.
- Reduce to low for 5-6 hours or until tender and falling apart and internal temperature taken near the bone has reached at least 190 degrees.
- NOTE* pork does not pull or shred until it has been cooked slowly to a temperature of 195.
- Chop or shred.