Sweet And Sticky Chicken With Vegetables
Earlier this assemblage a family in our religion welcomed their endorse mortal.
When the coordinator transmitted out the netmail antepenultimate week for the women of the church to hire up for dinners, there was a comment included that threw me for a twine: their 18 month-old girl was gluten-free.
Now, I’m not completely unaware to content allergies. I can modify an awing gluten-free xanthous cover, mini brownness cut scones that are SO addicting. I flat experience which are the optimum gluten-free foods at ALDI.
But none of that will put party on the array for this descent, and that implementation digging into the direction depository and propulsion out something that is lip-smacking delicious.
A solid and material dinner that elicits purrs of “mmm’s”, kids asking if they can make author and husbands rubbing their bellies in gratify. Friends, ply your new kin favourite: taste and sticky chickenhearted.
- 2 carrots, cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 onion, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1″ pieces
- 4 pieces chicken
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ Tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch + 3 Tbsp water (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In an 8×8 oven-proof dish, layer the vegetables.
- Combine molasses, ketchup, honey, maple syrup and all seasoning in a medium bowl. Place chicken in a separate bowl.
- Add about ¼ cup of liquid mixture to the chicken and stir to coat well. Place chicken and the sauce it was in on top of vegetables. Place butter on top of chicken.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Meanwhile, heat remaining sauce in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
- Add cornstarch slurry to sauce and stirring constantly bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Add this thickened sauce to the top of the chicken and continue to bake for another 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. You might need to remove the chicken so it doesn’t overcook, yet continue to bake the vegetables until they’re done.
- Enjoy the sweet and sticky chicken!