The Best Bread Pudding
Bread Pudding – A few weeks ago, I had the large virtue of connection my individual Christy Jordan from Southern Bag and the amazing folks from AllSouth Gismo on a moving mischance to City, Kentucky to the GE Monogram Experience Centre to acquire all nigh the Surprising GE Monogram appliances.
- 1 quart (4 cups) heavy cream
- 15 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 French baguettes
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- Mix the cream, eggs, white sugar, cinnamon and vanilla together very well in a very large bowl.
- Slice the baguettes lengthwise then cut into 1″ pieces.
- Soak the bread in the cream mixture in the refrigerator overnight, covered.
- Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with pan spray or coat with butter.
- Layer in the soaked bread but not all the cream mixture. Discard the remaining cream mixture.
- Leave the bread about 1/2″ from the top so it has room to rise when baking.
- Cover the top with brown sugar and bake at 325 for 45 minutes, then start checking and remove when center is set.
- For the Sauce:
- Melt butter then add brown sugar and bring to a boil.
- Add the cream and stir very well then set aside.
- When the bread pudding is ready let it cool for 15 minutes then pour the sauce over the top so it can soak in. You may not need all of the sauce.